How to Care for Your Jewelry
- Take your jewelry off if you're involved in any activity which could scratch, knock or damage it. If in any doubt, take it off and keep it safe.
- Take it off when you go to bed.
- Keep it well away from chemicals, especially chlorine. If it does come into contact with chemicals, rinse it in water immediately.
- Bathe and apply any lotions or perfumes before you put your jewelry on. Organic gemstones like pearls and opals are particularly vulnerable to acids, even perspiration.
- Store it separately, ideally in a soft-lined box or case, so that your favorite pieces don't tangle, rub or scratch one another. Pearls in particular should be kept separately as they are easily scratched by hard gemstones.
- Make sure chains and necklaces are fastened when storing to avoid tangling.
- Remove jewelry while cooking and cleaning.
- When storing jewelry, please keep it away from sunlight, excessive heat or damp conditions.